Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thanks a LATTE - Teacher Appreciation Mug

Thanks a Latte to my boys' WONDERFUL teachers!

So I started with EXTRA large mugs from Dollar Tree.
Used my Silhouette to cut out names (on pink outdoor vinyl so it'd stick well)
Each mug has a different font.  Email or comment if you want to know what one of the fonts is.
FYI: the outdoor vinyl stuck VERY well.  I tried to move one of the letters a little bit to rid a tiny fold and couldn't!
Then I used my Silhouette 'print and cut feature' to cut steam or "clouds" with
Thanks A Latte!
I also got some brown construction paper and cut it in my crosscut shredder to fill the mug.
Then the plan was to go to Starbucks or Sonic and get gift cards to put inside.
Well, I didn't make it in time and knew I wouldn't so started researching some options on the web.  I am PLEASED to tell you that Starbucks has a feature on their website that you can order and print gift cards.  So each teacher has a printed (very cute teacher design Starbucks had) gift card!












Photobucket

6 comments:

B's Mommy said...

Darling idea! The teachers will appreciate the personal touch. :)
Happy Weekend! EnJoY!

CreationsForEleanor said...

What a great idea, I am always looking for new ways to use my Silhouette! The mugs would be a great gift for any occasion! Thanks for sharing

Lolly Jane said...

So fun- love how they're customized! We would love for you to show this off at our weekend link party!

Lolly Jane
lollyjane.com

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

This is ADORABLE!!! I think this would be PERFECT to make for my girls' teachers! THANKS!

Delightful Order said...

So Cute. Just wanted to let you know that I featured you on my Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party today. Stop by and grab a button, if you'd like.

http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/05/delightfully-inspiring-thursday-party_18.html

DaNita

Barbara Snidow said...

Hi- Where do you buy the outdoor vinyl and how did you cut out the letters? Please email me at bsnidow@gmail.com